STRATUM ZERO displays a wide range of works by Vietnamese artists in The Outpost Collection. The exhibition attends to the analysis of the aesthetic context and construction of the contemporary Vietnamese spirit and artistic landscape evoked from the works. That analysis and construction is expressed through the practice of processing and restructuring the material language, through marking the enduring flow of Asian folklore and philosophy, as well as hidden, peripheral historical perspectives.
Địa tầng số 0 | Stratum Zero, The Outpost Art Organisation, Hanoi
Borrowing the meaning of "stratum" in Geology to create spatial visualisation in temporal sediments, STRATUM ZERO serves as a mark for the starting point, from which it can spread to other stratum to capture an overall structure. The use of STRATUM ZERO as the title of this exhibition also retains those meanings, as we (The Outpost) locate ourselves within the local art scene, starting with the desire to explore and unearth what is by all means available, yet still remain obscure.
In STRATUM ZERO, works by 12 artists: Điềm Phùng Thị, Võ An Khánh, Nguyễn Huy An, Hoàng Dương Cầm, Lý Trần Quỳnh Giang, Nguyễn Thị Thanh Mai, Phạm Việt Nam, Phan Thảo Nguyên, Phi Phi Oanh, Hà Mạnh Thắng, Trần Tuấn, Trương Công Tùng are to undergo multidimensional perceptions, as in an attempt to disclose a multi-layered cross-section of the flows of Vietnamese arts.
 In Stratigraphy, stratum is the layers of rock or sediment stacked on top of each other that form the Earth's crust. When a seismic event occurs, the strata deform: fold, fracture, collapse, compress, and accretion, creating a new appearance of the stratigraphic cross-section.
 The number 0 exhibits something of a dual nature: a real number but at the same time carries the meaning of nothingness, emptiness, and the void. But the existence of the number 0 serves as the identity element that defines the true value of the others.
The exhibition is produced by The Outpost’s Curatorial Team.
More infomation: https://theoutpost.net/
- Intersections group show, Icehouse Arts Complex, Long Beach, US
- Địa tầng số 0 | Stratum Zero, The Outpost Art Organisation, Hanoi
- Ethereal Places, solo exhibition, Richard Koh Fine Art, Singapore
- Ethereal Scapes, solo exhibition, Vincom Center for Contemporary Art, Hanoi
- Kìa non non, nước nước, mây mây ,solo exhibition, galerie Quỳnh, HCM city, Vietnam
- Notes On Paper : Group exhibition, galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- NO RAIN WITHOUT CLOUDS: Preserving Vietnamese Arts for the future, Vietnam Women's Museum, Hanoi
- BEYOND, Affinity ART gallery, Geneve, Switzerland
- Landscape | Mindscape solo exhibition, galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- SQUARE, Affinity Art gallery, HongKong
- Shared Inspiration - Asian Art Exhibition, National Art Museum of China
- ELLIPSES, solo exhibition, Vincom Center for Contemporary Art, Hanoi
- Visual Language : Hungarian & Vietnamese contemporary paintings, Vietnam Museum of Fine Arts, Hanoi
- Song of Cicada Among the Summer Poppies, Galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh City, ￼￼ Vietnam
- Lines / Summer collective 2018, Affinity ART gallery, Hong Kong
- Light and Colours : Arts of Singapore, Malaysia, Vietnam , ION Art gallery, Singapore
- Alluvium, galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Passage of Time / A Poetic Meditation by Ha Manh Thang ( solo ), Affinity ART gallery, HongKong
- TOẢ - The Foliage , Vincom Center for Contemporary Art ( VCCA ) , Hanoi
- Confluences and Diversities in Southeast Asian Art, ION Art gallery, Singapore
- The Three - Cornered Wold, galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- AIA Vietnam Eye, Casa Italia, Hanoi, Vietnam
- "The Lake” solo exhibition by Ha Manh Thang, Art Taipei 2016, Taipei, Taiwan
- Rhetorical Landscape 意象風景, Affinity ART gallery, Hong Kong
- Dérive, group show, Galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam.
- FAR IN THE NORTH series & Ha Manh Thang's selection works 2012-2015 ( solo ) L'Espace, Hanoi, Vietnam
- "KHÓI SÓNG" ( solo ) exhibition , galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh city, Vietnam
- Fading Dreams - Disintegrating Realities ( solo show ) Thavibu gallery , Bangkok , Thailand
- "Drop" , group show , galerie Quynh , Ho Chi Minh city , Vietnam
- In the Shadow of Appearances , Galerie Quynh , Ho Chi Minh city , Vietnam
- "Onward and Upward , Gallerie Quynh , Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- "Grapevine Selection" - Vol 1, Hanoi Fine Arts Museum , Hanoi , Vietnam
- "HEAVEN IS A PLACE ( solo )", Galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam
- "Current ( His ) Stories", Galerie Quynh, Ho Chi Minh City , Vietnam
- Instruments of Meditation: Works of Art from the Zoltán Bodnár Collection, Reök Palace, Budapest, Hungary
- Not Memory ( solo ) , The Bui Gallery, Hanoi, Vietnam
- Ha Manh Thang and Le Quy Tong in the Bodnár Collection, NextArt Galéria, Budapest, Hungary
- Connect: Kunstzene Vietnam, ifa Galleries, Berlin and Stuttgart, Germany
- Who do you think we are?, Bui Gallery, Hanoi, Vietnam
- SH3OOT, L’Espace, Centre Culturel Français de Hanoi, Vietnam
- The Rain and The Small Stream ( solo ) Ernst & Young Asean Art Outreach, Singapore